In between clearing the garden of all the basement junk and cleaning out the girls' room, I'd also decreed it cool enough to start eating Sunday Roasts again... and, let's not forget, pumpkin picking...
Everything on the list was ticked off... in a fashion... the garden was cleared but not tidied... the girls' closet was cleared, but there's still pile upon piles of stuff to go through... the roast was cooked, but eaten after the girls had gone to bed (and not the family meal, as planned), and the pumpkins were picked, but the hay ride missed...
All in all, it was a weekend of half-finished jobs... which begs the question, is it better to achieve a little of a lot or achieve a lot of a little??? Get what I'm saying??? The hubby says I have too high expectations and, after this weekend, I think I agree with him...
Anyways, with all this chit chat, I forgot to tell you that I squeezed in baking some cookies... They're my take on Whole Food's Lemon Chocolate Chip Cookies... If you're ever in Whole Foods, you should pick some up... or you could try and bake my version... I love these cookies (both versions)... in fact, I'd go as far to say that they're my favourite cookie... chewy coconut... white chocolate, and then that lovely lemon taste... Delish! As always, I've popped the recipe at the end... just in case you want to give them a whirl!
Hoping everyone has a fantastic start to the week. I think I'm going to try and finish some of those jobs...
Lemon Chocolate Chip Cookies
1 ¼ Cups of all-purpose flour
½ teaspoon baking soda
½ teaspoon kosher salt
½ cup of butter or margarine (1 stick) softened
½ cup of brown sugar
¼ cup of granulated sugar
1 large egg
1 teaspoon lemon essence
Juice of ½ lemon
zest of 1 lemon
1 cup of white chocolate chips
1 cup of flaked coconut
1. Preheat the oven to 375F. In a small bowl combine the flour, baking soda and salt.
2. In a mixing bowl, add the brown sugar, granulated sugar and softened butter. With the mixer on a medium setting, beat, until light and fluffy.
3. Add the egg and lemon essence to the butter and sugars, and beat until well combined. Then, add the lemon juice and zest to the mixture and beat until combined.
4. Reduce the mixer to a low speed and beat in the flour, until just blended.
5. With a wooden spoon, stir in the white chocolate chips and flaked coconut.
6. Drop the dough by well-rounded teaspoons, approx 2 inches apart, on two ungreased cookie sheets. I like to make these cookies pretty big, so that they’re nice and gooey in the middle, so the key is to putting a good sized teaspoon of dough on your cookie sheet!
7. Pop the cookies in the oven and bake until golden around the edges… between 10 and 12 minutes. I like my cookies a little soft, so I usually start checking them at around 10 minutes (depending on the size of the cookie).
8. Once baked, cool for a couple of minutes and then, transfer the cookies to a cooling rack, using a wide spatula.
You can always try toasting the coconut before hand... just to knock it up a notch... either way, I think they're pretty darn good!