Saturday, August 7, 2010

Over and out Cape Cod...

And so, it is time to leave the gorgeous Cape Cod and it really is with a heavy heart that I write this message.
Our time here has been magical and lived up to every expectation. When booking the cottage, I poured though ad after ad (yeah, the hubby loved that), attempting to find 'just the right place'... It had to say, "Cape Cod" to me (where I'd got this notion from, having never been there, I don't know); I guess I'd imagined this family vacation image a million times, drawing upon images of childhood vacations. I thought, being in the States, I was pretty much setting myself up for a fall. But, Cape Cod delivered on all fronts and made me realize that I don't have to be in the UK to relive childhood experiences with my own children. I leave here with amazing new memories and those of vacations long gone being relived!

Now for the mammoth car journey home... I guess traffic jams are another memory synonymous with childhood vacations in the UK.. now where are those Opal Fruits *Starburst* and the thermos of tea?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments make my day!

Related Posts with Thumbnails