Sunday, September 5, 2010

Run for the hills...

With the threat of Hurricane Earl looming over us, the hubby persuaded me to jump ship and head for the hills... The Cabin.. I was not happy with this... you could say I was a grump... pretty much like this chap below...


Anyhoo, it turned out that the wrath of Hurricane Earl (for us in New Jersey) surmounted to not a single raindrop and a few toppled down plant pots... sooo, you could say, it was a wasted trip to the cabin... especially as I had a list of chores as long as the Magna Carta at home...
On the other hand, the hubby was delighted to get away (shirking on his household chores), and asked me to see this as our last hurrah before the academic year started... I was not convinced, but showed willing...


Hmmm... and so, while there, I pushed all thoughts of our house being whisked away like a scene from The Wizard of Oz, and embraced the cabin life once more... It certainly is a place that forces you to relax. The hubby always says that, 'time doesn't exist in Lackawaxen'... and, for once, I have to agree with him... everything moves at a much slower pace...


The leaves were slowly turning...  and there was a chill was in the air. As Fall rolls in, there's no better place to showcase it than in the mountains...



And so, after a visit to the petting zoo, a spot of antiquing, and a couple glasses of red, I was finally relaxed, and all thoughts of Hurricane Earl, laundry, ironing, gardening etc. had been washed away...



...in fact, I'd go as far to say that I was the most relaxed I've been in a long while... It's amazing what can come out of a hurricane...


Hoping that everyone in the States is having a lovely Labor Day weekend... and to everyone else, have a happy Monday!
Lx

4 comments:

  1. Hi - this looks just beautiful and has that calamity jane feel to it - you know the bit in the film where Doris Day fixes up the cabin? Always loved that bit. I know geographically absolutely not the right part of the US - but humour me! Lou x

    ReplyDelete
  2. is your cabin truely in a place called- Lackawaxen....?

    that is just too lovely....we need to get ourselves over to the good ol' US of A and check out these story book towns!!

    glad you enjoyed compulsory relaxation and that your house is still standing! it all happens for a reason to us non-stop women!!

    happy monday to you hon...

    melissa xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my! First of all, it sounds lovely. Second, your photographs are stunning...my intention from the beginning was to take all of my own photographs for my blog, but my photos are terrible...working on that...do I need a better camera? yeah, probably and a better photographer! Third, when I was little, we always used to run into the evacuation zone while everyone else was trying to flee the hurricane. Crazy...

    ReplyDelete
  4. At least the super fat pigs won't fly away from the hurricane. I'm glad I live in a place where I don't have to worry about these things. I feel for the people who's home's are destroyed.

    -Zane of ontario honey

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day!

Related Posts with Thumbnails